Monday, June 08, 2009

More fibers, can't stop!!!

This month is the spinning month. I've got so many fibers from the LA spinning guild meeting. And during the past weekend, after we attended Shady and Erin's wedding up in Santa Barbara, Hans and I went up to Solvang again. This time, I got myself some very nice 64 Merino dyed in multiple color. Hans insisted I go back to the shop and asked about the meaning of '64'. As usual, the shop owners were super nice and they
 explained in detials to us how the number represent the softness of the wool. The lady even showed us some of their highest quality wool (120? 150?). In short, the higher the number, the softer the wool is. I think this is one of the reason why I love this guy so much, cos he encourages me to go two steps forward and learn new stuff. He has been very encourage in my spinning adventures. 

So here's what I've got -- 






















Sandlewood























Riverstone


I want to make a shawl or something like that with Sandlewood. It's spun up
 gorgeously~~ 

No comments: